To repeat myself in so many ways, fish caters to an easy method for whipping up a quick, protein-rich meal. Why not kick it up a notch and try it 4HB crispy-style? I feel almost guilty claiming this to be a new recipe; but a new method is certainly worthy of a new post. And while not quite full-on breaded quality, the almond flour will get you a whole lot closer than you’d expect. And you’ll feel you’re giving yourself a bit of a treat!
4 filets, tilapia
1/2 cup almonds, slivered or sliced
2 eggs (or 3 egg whites)
- Rinse the tilapia under cold water and pat to dry.
- Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper. Squeeze a little lemon juice on both sides, as well.
- In a small food processor, chop up the sliced or slivered almonds until you have a course powder. Pour onto a flat plate and set aside.
- In a wide-mouthed bowl, whisk together the eggs (or egg whites). Add any additional seasonings (or just a little extra salt & pepper), and whisk again to combine.
- Place the egg bowl and plate of crushed almonds side-by-side.
- Dip both sides of a filet into the egg mixture.
- Shaking (or letting drip off) the excess egg, dredge the soaked filet into the almond powder to coat. Set coated filet aside and do the same to your remaining filets.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Place filets in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per each side of the fish.
- Plate and….Voila! Enjoy your crispy fish.