A lamb first-timer! Never cooked it; haven’t consumed with great frequency. No particular reason, other than it’s a bit out there from the standard steak or chicken. But meat is meat; meat is a big part of my diet these days; so let’s explore the possibilities!
Over the past few months, my husband has placed a couple of meat orders from U.S. Wellness Meats (goal: stocking up our freezer with quality grass-fed meats for any day of the week!). The second time around, we decided to get a little bit adventurous and added a lamb loin to the order. I like a challenge; and am all for researching recipes for the unfamiliar in order to make it 4HB friendly, and our own!
So quite simply, quite tastily, and not-so-sheepishly; I share with you a flavorful and juicy recipe for lamb loin, grill-style!
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, zested (about 1/2 tsp)
1 lemon, juiced (about 2 tbsp)
2 tsp, dried oregano
2 tbsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper, freshly ground
2 lamb loins (approx. 4 oz. apiece)
- In a bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients to create your marinade.
- Pour marinade into a sealable plastic bag.
- Add the lamb loin(s) to the bag and toss to coat well in the marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Grill over medium-high heat for approximately 5 minutes on each side.
- Let sit for a couple of minutes before serving.